Monday, October 2, 2017

My Youth Development Autobiography <3

 Image result for youth development My Journey to the Youth development program started as a frustrating one and turned into what I can honestly say as beautiful.  Ever since I was a little girl I had always dreamed of have my own classroom as a public school teacher.  I had my mine completely set and there was nothing changing it.  I was always more of a home body growing up therefore I knew RIC was the school for me because it was 45 minutes away from my home in Westerly and I knew I could come home whenever I pleased.  Also RIC had one of the best education programs so it was a clear choice.  Soon into my educational career at RIC I had trouble passing my Praxis test's and it was putting so much stress on me because I had no more classes left to take.  I felt like I had no idea where I was going with my life and was starting to loose who I was as a person.  I then heard through some students about the YDEV program and made an appointment to meet with Lesley.  From then on out I have felt at home.  My hopes are to get my MSW one day, so this program is a great way to further my education with being a youth worker and be familiar with multiple non-profit studies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Event 2: Smash your insecurities

                                            One day when Nat, Sam and I were walking out of allied to see what events were on campus we c...