Friday, October 20, 2017

Injustice



Coincidentally I just made a Facebook "rant" about feeling in-just about the major I chose to pursue.  YDEV was not my first choice but now I believe that it's because I didn't even know about it.  I started as an education major and I always had people telling me how great of money I would make and the benefits, etc.  Once I decided I was in-love with YDEV, every time I would try to explain to someone what it was all about and who it supported no one understood me.  To this day, in my senior year there are adults and kids my age who make me feel like I can't make a lot of money ever in my life. WHY?

Not only do I get grief about making money but also the second I mention that my passion is working and being a voice for youth in the system, almost every ones response is, what are you crazy?  Then they proceed to explain to me that it is a very depressing field and I will most likely get burnt out.  ALL of this makes me want to scream and is an example of injustice for me.

To the right is my face book post so everyone can see how this has been a struggle for me recently.  As you can see there are a lot of comments that you cannot see of people who do support and that felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Event 2: Smash your insecurities

                                            One day when Nat, Sam and I were walking out of allied to see what events were on campus we c...